Friday, November 10, 2017

Neighborhood Newsletter

Hello,



This afternoon I delivered two and a half blocks of newsletters. I left a small segment for Leroy to do so he does not feel left out. He probably would not feel left out, but he usually does this block so I like to include him in the process. We will not deliver again until sometime in March.



It was cold today, but the sun was out and that always helps me to feel quite fine. I wore my old coat that is 17 years old. I once sent it back to the company to repair the zipper about five years ago. I suppose it is not in style, but I like it a lot. I generally wear it for “around home” or in the neighborhood purposes. It has great pockets, length, hood, and warmth. What more could I want in a coat. The zipper is sometimes a little recalcitrant, but I will not send it back again. I have looked for another coat to replace it, but do not find any just like it even from the same company. There are three newer coats in my closet that seem to fit different times and temperatures, but I would still get one more if I could find that perfect one.



Anyway it was great to be out recording steps on my tracker. I only need 500 more to get to 10,000 which I will easily do before bedtime.



I have applied for another action team grant and I am pleased to report that I received it. As soon as the money comes, more new multicultural books will be added to the little free libraries in the area close to me. It feels so good to be able to do this. I am allowed two action teams a year and this is my second.



The first was to advertise for the CROP walk in my area. It seems to have been successful as more people walked than had ever walked. I gather the donations were up a little. I did have some people tell me they had made contributions for the hurricane relief so they could not give, but many still were able to share some.



Paula

No comments: