Saturday, November 11, 2017

Phone Birds and Straw Hair

Hello,



This morning Leroy went to a meeting at church. He, unfortunately, left his phone at home with me. About half an hour before the meeting, he left early because he had some other things to do at church, his phone started doing a little bird tweet with some musical tones to let him know that his meeting was coming up. I tried to stop the birds from singing, but I needed a password to get into his phone. Fortunately the birds gave up after three or four signals. Unfortunately they tried again every few minutes until the meeting had started. I did not feel very friendly towards them by the time it was all over. In this apartment, I could not get away from the sound. I would have called Leroy for his password, but, alas his phone was here and there is no secretary at the church on Saturday to answer the church phone.



Straw hair has nothing to do with that phone. I just want to say that I am not a swimmer so I do not always realize just what pool water does to hair. It turns mine to straw. I did wash my hair, but I did not use the shampoo and conditioner that I had brought from home. Instead, I used the stuff that was provided. I can say that I am not a fan of this practice and will not do that if I can remember the results in the future. When I washed my hair at home I was quite taken with how good it looked and felt. Who knew that just a different product could make such a difference? Not me! I usually ignore ads and just get whatever, especially if it states that it is good for curly hair. I am grateful for the research that those hair care companies have done to improve their products.



Today Leroy and I finished delivering the neighborhood newsletters. It gave me a nice walk. Then a plastic bag was floating around so I grabbed it and started to pick up trash as I waited for Leroy to get done with the newsletters. He found a bag as well and we filled both of them. If you look for trash it can be found and removed. Plastic is both a bane and a blessing. My negative feelings about it keep growing as so much of the trash is plastic and it will never disappear from the earth.



Paula

No comments: