Monday, November 27, 2017

Nervous

Hello,



Last night I was once again a wake for a while before morning. Is this becoming a habit? It is a habit I do not want. I saw in a sleep coach article that we should set an alarm so I do not continually try to look at the time. The alarm will take care of getting up. We have set the alarm for three days now. I have managed not to look at the clock. It takes some effort on my part to see it because of my limited distance vision so that was not too hard to get down. Leroy has learned how to reset the alarm with just one button push. This was a three day experience. But he had it down now. Tomorrow maybe I can sleep a little longer as I know for sure that the alarm will go off.



This morning I took care of book keeping our money information. I had not intended to do that, but our credit card bill was unusually large, demanding a look at it. I had forgotten that our flights at Christmas were on there as was Leroy’s Medicare bill. Since he does not collect social security that is a bill that must be paid if we want to receive the benefits. He does want those benefits. There are some pluses to aging and we consider that one of them. Just those three expenses explained the large payment due. At least our account was not compromised. Everything else was something for which I had a paper record.



I also ordered the books that I will distribute to the Little Free Libraries in the neighborhood. That took a little bit of adjusting to get the total to come out so I could spend the entire action team money. Now it is just a case of waiting for the books to come and get them ready to distribute. I am looking forward to doing that.



For the church book club in January I need to order books through ILL at my library. Now the trick will be to figure out the proper time to order and get those in people’s hands before the February meeting. Last night I just realized that I will not be home from our cruise yet. That caused a sad feeling to move through me. At least I will read the book before I go. My real joy in book clubs is the discussions and I will miss that.



My nervousness is gone because I have tackled some of these “hanging over my head” tasks.



Paula

No comments: