Friday, November 24, 2017

Holiday

Hello,



Leroy and I had a quiet day yesterday. We ate a little more food than usual because we ate using my Mother’s china. The plates are quite large. During our normal life we eat from small plates.  In deference to the holiday, I made mashed potatoes. This almost never happens at my house.



In the afternoon, Leroy and I went to a park close to our home. Walking for two hours through the woods and in the prairie soothed the soul and added steps to my Fitbit. We both like getting in the woods and outdoors. We would have liked to see some wildlife, but besides other humans, birds were the only visible creatures.



We also visited on the phone with each of our children’s families. That was good as well. Grateful for all these people in our lives.



Leroy is working today and tomorrow. I have, as usual, both days off. This morning when looking at the IPod I got a message about how I needed to call Apple because my device had been hacked. It seemed strange to me, but I could not get rid of that message. As instructed, I called the number; however I could hardly hear the person with a little bit of an accent. They told me they would call me which they did. I answered, but did not hear them right away so I hung up just as they answered. I decided I had better call some family to ask questions about this. Since the people on the east coast were likely to be awake, I called Sarah. They were able to tell me that it probably was a hacker and I should completely log off. After doing that the IPod seemed normal once more. They also advised me to change passwords on my emails, etc. I spent some time doing that as some programs are easier to navigate than others.



I am a bit disgusted with myself as it did not feel right in the first place, but I went ahead and called. Does that mean I am easy to scam? I know better than click on links on the computer that do not seem legit, but there is more to learn.



Paula

No comments: