Sunday, November 12, 2017

Glad Things

Hello,

We carried umbrellas to church, but it did not rain on us. All of the books that go back to the city library tomorrow have been returned to the book kit so I can deliver them. I got an email from the library reminding me that they are due tomorrow. Oops, I had forgotten about them since they are at church.

The tire went flat again, but in the garage. Our downstairs friends have an air pressure producer (Can’t remember what they are called.). Leroy filled the tire, took the car in, where they found a screw in the tire, repaired it, and just charged a small amount.

I made gingerbread today using butter and cow’s milk. It tasted great, but Leroy’s lactose intolerance made its presence known. Usually I use olive oil and some soy milk.

We used up all but a few tomatoes that we have been trying to ripen. Much Swiss chard from the garden as well as tomatillos was used today. I love the produce, but I am getting weary of feeling like I must use it before it goes bad. Now I feel as if I am gaining on it all.

I just read a Newberry Award book and, as expected, found it to be a great read.

Sunday school class gave me much to think about and perhaps it will change my life. Change is a big thing and not always done easily.

Leroy purchased a new brighter light to use when riding the bike. He got a mount so it can go on his helmet or on the bike. He was so excited to get it set up on his helmet that he rode his bike to church tonight. Usually he walks to his class.

Paula

No comments: