Saturday, November 25, 2017

Cleaning

Hello,



Yesterday I noticed dust on the furniture in the spare bedroom. This morning I tackled that task. I did fairly well with everything except the bookcase that Leroy uses for his stamp collection. I know better than to touch that well organized, stacked this way and that area.



I decided that it had been a long time since I had seriously cleaned out the book cases in the hall. Two of them have pictures and other memory type things there. That is harder to get through. Someday I will have to eliminate more of the pictures. A year or two ago, I took pictures and showed them to the grandchildren. They all wanted some of them, so I gave them away as most were extras. Some were pictures my parents had and I did not even know some of the people in them. Sophia showed me once that she has her share in an album. Nice to know they have gotten a little more life or interest for them.



Leroy is participating in a secret Santa gift exchange at work. He will buy some things for this person, but they also like art books so he is going to give them a book of Russian art that we got on our trip to Russia. Leroy did some consulting at the seminary library in St. Petersburg. We did not go to the Hermitage, but went to a Russian art museum. The book has seldom left the shelf so it is moving to a new home.



Once in a while I see recipes in a magazine that look good. Apparently the intention to make them is all that I have because they mostly just sit on the shelf. Today they went into the recycle bin. It cleared off a bit of real estate. We both have books that we intend to read. For me it is being saved for that day when I do not get to the library. So far that has not happened. Those books are so patient. Perhaps I will move them as that might be a time when I cannot get to the library. Reading each day is essential to my sense of well being. Leroy’s books are mostly by the author, Louis L’Amour. Leroy’s goal is to read every one of his books. He might be over half way to that goal.



Paula

No comments: