Monday, May 8, 2017

Store Deals

Hello,

I do not believe in shopping on Sunday if I can avoid it. I could avoid it yesterday, but I did it anyway because I thought of a veggie deal on the walk home from church and Leroy had money in hand. It seemed best to stop in while I remembered it since I had forgotten it before. The store had a deal on frozen veggies. I was relieved to see the sign still out, but I had some trouble figuring out which bags bit the bill. When we checked out none of them were marked down. That was a bad sign. I spoke with the checker about the date of the sale. “The sign stated the sale goes from the fifth to the sixth.” I said.

“Today is the seventh,” he informed me.

How could I have forgotten the date?  He had called the manager over just as we were starting the date conversation. When she came she commanded the checker, “Go get the sign.”

He scurried off the find it. “Because the sign was there,” she noted, “We have to honor that price.”

When he came up with the sign it was all noted and we saved over $10 on our veggie purchase. I certainly benefited from someone’s carelessness, but I hope no one got in trouble because of it. I was also pleased that I only required one bag from the store. Since I had not expected to stop I had not come prepared with more than one very small bag holding my phone and keys.

Love my backpack, but I left it home since I did not have to carry so much or so I thought. I do get compliments on my backpack from friends, acquaintances and strangers. Friends ask me what the letters LJG stand for. The bag was cheap because someone had put those on and then not wanted the bag. I tell them it stands for Laughing Jumping Granny. I needed a mnemonic in case I ever lost it someplace and needed to describe it to get it back.


Paula

No comments: