Sunday, May 21, 2017

Lazy Sunday Afternoon

Hello,

Leroy came home from having, at two church services, some responsibility. He was ready to have some rest time. We called all our children and connected successfully with one of them. After that we had a snack of one of my “special” made up concoctions of pumpkin, eggs, spices, molasses, cranberries (just a few) and some left over oatmeal. It was much like pumpkin pie without the crust. This was topped with granola, as well as, plain Greek yogurt for me and plain regular yogurt for Leroy. We both thought it was quite fine. I might try this again in the future. It will be close, but have its own distinct appeal. I forgot we also put on some homemade unsweetened applesauce.

While snacking I convinced Leroy to play just three games of boggle with me. I pride myself on my ability to play this game, but Leroy has increased talent or I have lost talent. He beat me two out of the three games. In one of them he found a seven letter word which he did not need to win. In other words I was trounced. It seems to me since his eye problem he has done much better at this game.

We also spent some time figuring out just what we are giving to our church for the renewal of the building. Along with that we noted the amount that we give to church each month as well as the other special gifts we like to make in the course of the year. Many of these are somewhat church related such as world hunger, and the seminary as well as church camp. It was important to me to have some idea of all the places we want to give and how much we will contribute to each.

Leroy did take a nap and now he is reading. So he cannot complain that I worked him too much. I read while he was napping. Even though I believe he can sleep through a brass band I like to keep the noise to a minimum. I figure that turning pages is so quiet that there is no chance he would notice.


Paula

No comments: