Friday, May 19, 2017

Church Convention

Hello,

Today and tomorrow is the church convention in Des Moines which is a bit more than two hours away depending on the driving speed and where in the city one needs to be. Leroy was being picked up at 6:20 in the morning. We are almost always up at that time, but not fed, shaved, and dressed. Leroy did prepare a bit the night before by getting packed, clothes selected to wear, and breakfast decision made. We set an alarm even though we are often up by the time it was set, however “that Leroy guy” got up almost half an hour earlier. I was awake so I knew it, but pretended to be asleep, hoping that sleep would become reality. That did not happen even though I managed to stay in bed somewhat longer enjoying the warmth.

Leroy tells me that he no longer knows so many people when he goes to these events. Perhaps that is because he is really past retirement age since he is 68 years old. Because I have only rarely gone to these meetings I would know even fewer people.

I am used to being alone on Fridays, but not so much on Saturday. If it were warmer I might go for a longish bike ride, but right now I do not feel like getting out. It is not raining, but it quite cool. I suppose a walk should be on the agenda. I did get a long walk in spite of a few sprinkles. It was brisk and invigorating. I had expected to spend about a half hour and it was closer to an hour before I came home.

It will be fun to have Leroy tell all about the things he learned and the people he connected with. There is usually something that sparks some interest. I am not seeing so many people, but I am sending mental messages to the squirrels to stay away from plants that I care about.


Paula

No comments: