Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Internet Service and a stick in the sock

Hello,

Those two subjects have nothing to do with each other; I just wanted to talk about both.

It is time to renew our internet service. I am no good at calling as you know so I push, urge, or shove the job off to Leroy’s area. He takes it on with little grumbling. Last night while I was at work, he finished the task. He has garnered a lower rate for the coming year, with the declaration from the agent that it would not happen the following year. We believe there must be a lot of competition out there for them to lower the rate. We would have been satisfied with staying the same and not getting a raise in fees.

Leroy did complain a bit last night as he said it took him about an hour. I was not home, but I consider it not bad for an hour’s work to gain about $50 for a year. He first tried to call, but was on hold for a long time so he switched to an email chat, but he was the 54 person in line so he went back to the phone where he put it on speaker phone and did other things. I consider that to be not working too hard, but it must have annoyed him a little by the way the emotion seeped into his voice. We are both happy with the result. Personally I think that Leroy must be a real phone voice charmer to garner this gain of lower expense.

Now on to the stick in the sock. Yesterday I put on my sock only to feel something poking me in the foot. Quickly I got my foot out of there as I thought of several disreputable possibilities. At least I do not have to worry about a scorpion in this climate. It turned out to be an inch long slim stick that must have dropped from the tree above the clothes line. Another exciting reason to hang out clothes, you never know what passengers you will find that have set up housekeeping. I have brought many different types of small critters into the house. Generally I have noticed them in time to trap them in the fabric and cart them back outside where they can continue doing whatever it is they want to do.


Paula

No comments: