Friday, May 26, 2017

Dodging Rain Drops

Hello,

Leroy and I got up early and took a walk before breakfast. In the past we frequently did this, but that habit has fallen off the cliff of lying in bed talking about the coming day. It was beautiful and sunny while we walked, refreshing our memory of why we liked to get in the early morning walks.

By the time Leroy was ready for riding to work on his bike it had clouded over. For reasons unknown to us the weather prediction was not available on the IPOD. Leroy headed off with distain about any coming rain. With great anticipation of the wonderful smell when we would get in bed tonight, I hung out first one load and then the second load of clothes that included sheets.

I gathered my short shopping list, put on a rain coat, remained optimistic about the clothes, got in the car, inched the rear into the alley, checked for traffic, noted the rain drops coming down on the trunk, pulled the car back into the garage, climbed out, got the clothes basket, and proceeded to take down the clothes which had such a short time in the outdoors that they had not noticed it. I was grateful that I had not left so I could bring these clothes inside to dry there.

Close to noon Leroy called and asked if I would come get him. That seemed like a good idea. On Fridays, he works for the museum in the morning and the church in the afternoon. After my last exciting time getting the rack off the wall, the bike carrier is stored on the floor so I had no trouble putting it in the car. Leroy did have trouble getting it secured on the car. One of the straps cannot easily be tightened. For some strange reason he could not find the hooks under the car. He instructed me, “Don’t drive fast and it should be ok.”

It was ok. As we left the museum parking garage the rain was diminishing. We are grateful for that garage so Leroy can struggle with the rack in a dry place. I had brought a large umbrella which would help Leroy do the hospital calling and come home in comfort. While at the church I loaded up the plants that had been staying in his office and put them outside by the garage in the rain. It was nice to see them again.

I am grateful for a car that does not leak and runs in the rain on streets and not mud. I was also grateful that I could wipe the car windows so I will have a clear view of the world around me as I go to work tomorrow. Those windows had some noticeable spots that needed to be eliminated.

I did get a little wet in the execution of all these activities, but I dried off just fine.


Paula

No comments: