Saturday, May 6, 2017

Garage Sales

Hello,

Today Leroy and I along with a young friend went to the Ely City wide garage sale. It is so nice to park the car and walk to several different sales. We all purchased something. Our friend got a light weight jacket with the school logo on it. He was pleased to find that. Leroy found a pair of ski goggles that he will use in the winter time when riding the bike to work. He tells me, “I can put these on over my glasses. They will keep out the wind and keep my glasses from fogging up.”

At a dollar that was a good deal if they do indeed work as he hopes. Leroy did say that he had checked in a store and they cost much more than that.

I got some glass storage containers. I have been considering getting rid of the plastic ones that I currently use. Hopefully these with please me as I put them to use. We also got a travel game that has dice enclosed in a form so they cannot be lost. Will we use it? Who knows?

We also got a water kettle. I have one that allows one to select four different temperatures, but the top temperature seems to have stopped working. This one is not so sophisticated, but I tried it after we got home. It goes to a very high heat. Now I am trying to decide what to do as I do not want to give up the pot that can be set to a lower temperature. However I do not have so much room that I want two of these items around. Even though two dollars was a great price I still might go and splurge for the multi-temperature option. Leroy tells me that if we do not want the one we just bought, he would donate it to church where the water kettle lid is becoming unhinged. We will keep this for a while and experiment.


Paula

No comments: