Sunday, May 7, 2017

Hair Discussions

Hello,

I had some hair discussions at church today. How often should hair be washed? Answers ranged from daily to once a week. I commented, “I wash my hair twice a week. I used to wash it daily, but as I have aged I notice it is much dryer than it used to be. However I wet it every day so it is not sticking out in all sorts of wild directions.”

At that last comment the people who were listening were astonished. They have straight hair and possibly it is not such a deranged mass in the mornings. They apparently all spend a bit of time on their hair, but that is to make it have a bit more height or even curl. They seemed to be unable to easily imagine hair that set overnight and then it was stuck in that position.

I did not tell them that all I do to my hair is wet it, comb it while wet, and comb or brush it once more when it is dry because that is how it is for the rest of the time. I wonder if they have any idea how my hair springs up and away from my head as it dries. Probably not. Course the problem with that is that it can spring up to some unusual and unwanted sprongs.

One woman who has recently had chemo commented that her hair is coming in curly which she has never had before. Seems to me she will have some learning time getting to know this new possibility.

I do not have a fiction book to read. Life is different. I should have bought some at the library book sale just so I would be prepared for such an emergency. Tomorrow I will bring home two or three from the library.

I did look at getting an ebook, but quit the search before I found something I wanted to read. Seems I am hung up on browsing the shelves.


Paula

No comments: