Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Outside More

Hello,

After several days of being inside more than out it was great to get out again today. In the morning I hung two loads of clothes which were dry by mid afternoon. That is so nice after a series of cold rainy days.

This afternoon I walked a part of the neighborhood delivering newsletters. It was god to get some hill work in my 8,000 plus steps that I have taken today. We mostly walk on the flat land consequently I notice that I do not handle hills as well as I once did. It is good for me to have a reason to go higher. I even visited with a neighbor who was out cutting trees out of his hedge row. There was one mulberry that was probably three feet high. I commented, “I would not like a mulberry tree here, but I do like mulberries.”

“We used to have a very large one in the back yard that we finally got rid of.” He said.

Nature is certainly indiscriminate about where things take root. Often it does not fit with our idea of orderliness. It is a trick to adapt and snuggle in without disturbing the surroundings.

I had thought most of the early blooming flowers were finished, but I saw some nice tulips and other spring flowers. It was great to be out to admire the beauty and drink it into my soul. Even the green is so good that it perks me up.

Leroy rode the bike today. It will be nice that he will not have to consider coming home in the rain. He only goes three miles, but sometimes it can be dry when he starts and then a down pour before he makes it to the house. Monday he said, “I only got a little wet, so it was ok.”


Paula

No comments: