Monday, May 15, 2017

Bike Ride

Hello,

Yesterday Leroy and I took a bike ride. It was only my second ride for the season. We went a bit over nine miles and that was just enough for me. We ride around the lake close to us and go up the trail, though the trees, and along Iowa’s only urban trout stream. Looking at the water, trees, and wildflowers lifts the soul in appreciation of the beauty that abounds.

We were both pleased to see many families biking. I was impressed with how young and little some of the children were. They were often riding with great skill as if it were old knowledge. What a great way to spend time as a family: exercising, seeing different things, and experiencing nature.

I searched for the total miles of bike trails in the city and cannot find it, but the number 54 comes to mind. I know there are a number of trails and the city is working to connect them. Seems to me to be a great plan as it fits something I like to do.

Also on the bike ride we finally saw some young geese with their parents. One group only had two adolescent looking youngsters. The other was a bit larger with eight babies between them. Leroy took a lot of pictures, but I do not have time now to connect them with this letter. The curious thing about the last group was that two of the babies were babies and not adolescents. Do you think they had two hatching sessions or do geese babysit for someone else thus accounting for the different ages? Life is full of mysteries.


Paula

No comments: