Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Life Promoting Greens and Events

Hello,

We have been given some wonderful greens. There are two vigorous raised bed gardens by the library where I work. Tuesday, the person in charge pulled some spinach that was going to seed. She also thinned the beets so the beets greens were quite tender and good. She offered them to me. I have no idea if any of the rest of the staff wanted them or not, but they are a treasure to me. I have felt a little melancholy because we had not gotten any early greens in the ground. Now we have been offered some spinach and lettuce from another source. I said that we could use some more by Sunday, but the donor will not be home. After I talk with Leroy and he agrees that he will become like a rabbit and eat more lettuce, I will get it Thursday evening after work. Garden time of year is the best.

I needed to get yogurt for Leroy and while at the store I saw a bag of apricots that had been marked down. I got those. They were very tender and the trip home did not improve their stamina. I promptly ate three of them who could not be counted on to endure another minute. Delicious indeed. Summer is coming.

This is graduation time. I did not expect to be going to any parties, but there are two on the docket. I will go to one this afternoon. It is within walking distance so I will get a little exercise. Leroy and I will drive together to one on Saturday after I get home from work. Following that we have a 70th birthday party to attend. Tonight is the end of the year church choir party. Looking at this schedule you might think we are social people, but this is just a lot all at once.

Sometimes I am surprised that we know so many people, but we have been here for five years now and that certainly makes a difference.


Paula

No comments: