Saturday, May 13, 2017

Life changes

Hello,

Today I woke early and started exercising before six in the morning. Leroy knew I was up, but chose to stay in bed. It was quite invigorating and I felt ready to get some work done.

Leroy was similarly ready when he did get up. Must have been that early sunshine. He wanted to work on a table in the yard that is used a variety of ways, by all of us who live in this house. Much of the wood had rotted. Leroy’s plan was to get that done today but first he needed to find his ear plugs and safety goggles. He looked rather hastily in the front closet where they should be. They were not in there so he checked the garage, not there either.

I suggested he take everything out of the closet while I went out to hang clothes in the abundant warm dry air. “I would like to look at everything once you get it out and before putting it back,” I told him.

When I came back in almost nothing was out of the closet. He had looked, found what he wanted and that was the end of that.

“Some things are on rather high shelves. I really wanted to check them over to see what we have up there,” I whined. After listening to me a little more Leroy proceeded to take everything back out and do a thorough sort himself.

I was happy to get as I was able to get rid of some things and put others in a more logical place. Leroy also got rid of some things.

He then went out and worked on that table finishing it just about lunch time. I figure that was good planning. While he was working on that I vacuumed the entry stairs and the back porch neither of which are tackled very often. Just so you know I was not sitting around idle.

This afternoon we were going to shop for the community garden, but we will not do that as someone in the neighborhood has received a lot of donations and we will plant those things first. Now all we have to do is deliver the neighborhood newsletter to the last two blocks, get some eggs from the store and deliver some give away boots. We could also pull some weeds in the garden in places we will not till it up as there are herbs growing, however we are both a little tired.


Paula

No comments: