Monday, November 14, 2016

Social Media in my life

Hello,

I had been becoming weary and unhappy from reading many of the posts on social media. The problem is how do I avoid all of that and yet still get the posts I want to read and react to such as a grandfather, I know, snuggling with a grandson, or how about the friend who has some serious health issues whose wife posts so that I know that I need to pray, or how about the friend whose son surprised her by coming from the west coast to her home in the Midwest. What it all comes down to is that I want to know that personal stuff. I want to share in the joys and sorrows.

Unfortunately it is not so easy to exclude negative vindictive political comments and not eliminate the entire group of comments, except by unfriending. Unfriending must be a new word that will surely be included in the dictionary some day. I still consider these people my friends even if I do not want to read most of the things that they post. Now I am trying to race past their name every time I see it come up. Does that mean I will miss something personal that I would like to rejoice or commiserate with them about? Possibly so.

Since I have taken on this racing tact for the last two days, I feel my spirit lightening and expanding. Wouldn’t it be nice if there were just a place for personal comment and one for political? I do indeed have political stance and concerns, but I do not want to read something that almost borders on yellow journalism with attack being the primary method of expression. In that sense I like the magazines and newspapers which are not mixed in with things I really want to read.

Enough! That is my rant for the day.


Paula

No comments: