Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Misplaced Confidence

Hello,

I set off for work with complete confidence that I was, if not well put together, at least it was adequate. The day went well and I did not notice until I had been at work for six hours that my shoes did not match. Heavens! How did that happen?

These two pair sat under the bed next to each other as they are both black and about the same style. Apparently I just grabbed them out, put them on, and charged out the door. My feet never noticed any difference between them. Today I will pay attention to what is on my feet.

Saturday I set out with confidence that I could get to work on time. However that perspective changed as traffic was routed off the interstate almost immediately. At first I stayed in the long line of cars that took four or five light changes before we could move on to the next one. At that point the side streets looked quite attractive. So I turned on one in the general direction I thought I needed to go. After about two more turns and a couple changes in direction I realized I really do not know this town very well. I got out my phone at one point thinking I should call my boss to let her know I would probably be late, but then I knew where I was so my mind settled on the idea that I could make it ahead of her since she still might be in bed or at least not dressed.

I arrived to open the library five minutes late only to learn that my boss was there worrying about me. She had come in for something else and opened because she was it. I had not heard her call me so she did not know what to think as I did not answer my phone.

Life has the unexpected.


Paula

No comments: