Friday, November 18, 2016

Leroy No Coat

Hello,

“Should I wear a coat today?” Leroy wondered as he was getting ready to leave the house. He planned to be home in the middle of the afternoon when the source he was looking at predicted that it would still be close to 50 degrees. Because he was using the car, he
decided to go with just his suit coat.

I went on my usual shopping foray with just a light jacket. By the time I was leaving the last store it had become cold enough that I wondered if I should walk to church with Leroy’s coat. I suppressed the urge rationalizing that he did have the car and could manage with that.

“How did you escape the cold?” I asked when he got home.

“I moved quickly from the car to the building and back again,” he said, “it wasn’t too bad.”

Once solidly in the door he proceeded to put on warmer clothes.

We are grateful that we live in such luxury that we have a warm place in spite of a strong wind. The insulation works as does the furnace. Had I been thinking ahead I might have prepared bean soup, but as it is we will eat a lot of Swiss chard which I have cut level with the ground. I also cut off the chocolate mint to which Leroy applied the quick drying method. We will use that for tea. I also cut off some oregano that we will also dry, but not until tomorrow. Some broccoli was ready and I picked it. I left out the Brussel sprouts, collards, and kale hoping for hardy survivors.


Paula

No comments: