Sunday, November 6, 2016

Garden Work

Hello,

In the morning a friend came over and I shared some of my kale and collards with her. When picked it looked like large bags full, but the kale, especially does not look as if any of it has been picked. I have just so enjoyed the look of the garden. Those greens are as beautiful to my eye as a flower. There is still some colorful chard in the mix so that adds to the beauty. One good thing about the garden is that new weeds do not so often appear as they are done for the season.

In the afternoon Leroy and I, along with three others, worked in the community garden. We were cleaning it up, but left much to grow. I did pull some tomatoes that were volunteers, but still gave us their all in mostly small types of fruit. One of the tomato cages had blown over so we got that plant out along with one that seemed to have only brown leaves on it. I brought home all of the green tomatoes that were of a size that promised a time to be ripe in the future. I took them because no one else was interested in them. I thought we might pull the soybeans, but the pods were not curling open. It will take quite a lot of work to pop them open so I left them for another day. Leroy clipped off the okra and then dug out the roots. He cut some of them to a smaller size so they could be easily bundled and carted off.

All in all it was a very satisfying afternoon. One of the people who helped also writes for an organization. I thought I would share the link she posted.


Paula

No comments: