Friday, November 4, 2016

Leroy and Work

Hello,

It seems to me that Leroy has gotten busier at the church, but maybe that is just my thought. He has moved all of the nursing home services so he can be off on the weekends, but now they have asked him to work a bit on Sunday. He is also starting a class that will meet Sunday evenings and last until sometime in March. I asked, “How come you seem to be working more at the church?”

“They have gotten used to having an intern for the last two years,” he said, “Someone has to do some of that work.”

Leroy is also going to his eye therapy once a week as well as seeing the eye doctor more frequently. Plus he needed to see the dentist so he has had time used with all of those activities.

I need to schedule a colonoscopy, but I will try to wait until after Christmas when some of his work load and hopefully therapy load will lighten. Leroy will need to be with me the day of the procedure. Right now I do not think he has any spare time.

Even though the garden is still producing he is not spending much time there. Tomorrow we, along with helpers, will go and pull some of the plants that have finished their active life such as the okra. It does not like the cooler nights or the shorter daylight hours.

At the museum Leroy’s hours are much more stable and constant. The only time they seem to change is when his boss would like some time off on Saturday, and then Leroy just switches out a day.

I am glad that I only have half time work as that gives me time to get things done around the house without feeling too tired.


Paula

No comments: