Thursday, November 24, 2016

Thanksgiving Day

Hello,

We were invited to someone’s home for dinner. There were a few other members of the congregation there as well. It becomes so much more comfortable for me as I have gotten to know people. The food, conversation, and setting were all good. It was nice that it was only about a mile away so we could walk there. Surely those walks helped to deal with the excess food that we take in no matter what. It seems almost a duty on this holiday.

Someone asked what we did on Thanksgiving while we were in Slovakia bringing back some wonderful memories of celebrations there.

Yesterday we received our first Christmas card. Sort of puts the pressure on. Last year I resolved that I would be quicker on this card thing, but no ideas are coming to mind for a letter so it looks like it might be in the same pattern as usual. I do not do Black Friday shopping, but I do need some groceries consequently I will have to venture out into the fray well fortified for it all. I like shopping best when almost no one is there.

Leroy will work at the museum tomorrow and make, for the church, any hospital calls if there are any people in the hospital. Sometimes it cannot be avoided even on the best holidays. We will both work on Saturday. I am interested to know if I will be busy or not. Because my desk is totally clear of items to catalog, I’m hoping for a lot of patron traffic. When my cataloging is caught up I do spend some time going through records and correcting mistakes. The system, to which we send our records so they can be accessed for interlibrary loan, shows how many records have errors. I think it is about fifteen pages of close small font. I have only covered about three pages so it is a long term job which I only do from time to time.

Happy Thanksgiving with blessings counted and savored.


Paula

No comments: