Friday, November 25, 2016

Leroy's Car Key

Hello,

Leroy got up promptly because he wanted to get to work at the museum early so he could make those church hospital calls after work and still get home before six in the evening. He left at about 7:00, called me 7:34. “I can’t find my car keys,” in a sad panicked tone.

“You used them to drive the car there,” I stated, “Then what did you do with them?”

“I had my hands full of too many other things and could not get them in my pocket,” he mourned.

“Did you look in the car?” I wondered.

“The car is locked,” he replied shortly.

Apparently he used the lock on the door to lock. “Should I come right away?” I wondered, “I have time now.”

“If you come now you have to call when you get here because there is no one else here and the doors are locked,” he said.

Because I was washing clothes I decided to wait until they were done. At which point I climbed in the car grateful that we have a second car and two sets of car keys for each car. When I got to the parking garage I climbed out into the warm place, went over to our car, unlocked the door, found the keys peeking out from under the driver’s seat, picked them up, locked the door again, climbed the stairs to the library, and handed the keys to a very relieved Leroy.

Sometimes life has some simple solutions and we are thankful for those times.


Paula

No comments: