Sunday, November 1, 2015

Fall Sunday

Hello,

Church choir sang a new requiem in the service this morning. I am not sure why, but for me it did not all come together until the service. The music was a bit tricky rhythmically, my weakest point in singing. Perhaps that is why I did not really grasp the power of the words before. When they were set in the service it all made sense.

It was cool for our first walk, but much warmer for the second, causing us to sweat and wish for different clothes. We stopped at an estate sale across the street and bought a tea pot. Not that we really need another tea pot, but one might break and this one appealed to me. Leroy has a pot at each work place and I have one at home, now two at home. Leroy tried our tea cozy and it fits quite nicely, course then it covers the beauty of the pot. What is more important? Hot tea or a pretty pot?

After lunch we went to the community garden and pulled the rest of the tomato plants, put some of the tomato cages where they belong, and picked arugula and cilantro both of which were very nice in this cool weather.

The next job was to ride bikes to a store and pick up our free 8X10. Miriam had sent me a picture of her daughters and Sarah’s daughters in front of the white house. I was quite pleased, but sorry that Brian’s kids were not included. Here is the link for all the pictures Miriam sent. https://goo.gl/photos/8yQ1fFazUXmSRQgK7

After we came home Leroy had to cut toenails, how is that for an important job that he kept forgetting?  Now we are just relaxing.


Paula

No comments: