Friday, November 6, 2015

Switching Cars

Hello,

Leroy took the Saturn which needed gas. He was going to the west side of town and gas is 20 cents cheaper per gallon across town. Thanks to gas buddy we know just where. I only wanted the car for some shopping. I suspect Leroy had it easier than I did because he is somewhat used to driving either car.

On the automatic, I tried to put in the clutch three times, could not get the key out once, tried to shift as I am used to and did not find low, and did not find my favorite radio station. The radio station will have to wait for me because I figured it was distracted driving when I tried to find it. The gears were there when I looked for them. This car which is really a small car seemed so big. The only time that I wish I had a bigger vehicle is when I am at a stop sign/light on the right of an SUV or a pickup. Generally I cannot see if a right turn can be made safely or not. I learned, after I got home that the clock had not been reset for standard time. Helped me not to dilly dally.

I was pleased with myself because I always remembered where I had parked and did not have to do a guessing game about which car belongs to me.

Generally I do not look at car ads. However I saw two electric cars on the way to church the other day. After looking up information about them, I told Leroy, “I am ready to get another car, it only cost $38,000.”

He just grinned at me. Is that because he always lets me have my way?

I was going to make applesauce again today, but I think Leroy will be home tomorrow so I will wait and have some help with this process. I made another apple crisp instead. It smells very nice. Cinnamon and apples cooking is a great gift to the senses.


Paula

No comments: