Sunday, November 22, 2015

Churchless Sunday

Hello,

Because the choir sang at church last night, Leroy and I did not go to services this morning. It seems strange, as if it is not Sunday. Sixty-six or sixty-seven years is a long time to acquire a habit. Leroy did a nursing home service this afternoon, but it is not the same, especially when I did not go.

I made gingerbread with cranberries in honor of snow on the ground. It seems like such a nice winter treat. True to form, I left out the sugar, but included the molasses. We ate it with some homemade unsweetened applesauce and a bit of plain yogurt. We both enjoyed it.

For lunch we enjoyed the fruits of the garden. From the refrigerator, I made a mixture with the last onions, Swiss chard, cilantro, parsley, and rosemary. I added a jar of home canned tomatoes, and purchased green peppers. We served it over rice. Leroy and I both pronounced it quite tasty. Too bad I never use a recipe so it cannot be duplicated.

Leroy and I watched, and liked, the movie Inside Out. It is an animated film, but had a universal message. Nice to see a film that we agree is good. Too often one of us likes something and the other does not.

My Christmas cactus blossoms are opening. They are beautiful. I am amazed at how many there are on the plant. It is more than usual when I have had it in my house. It must like this place. It certainly has the best seat in the house, raised up on the table.


Paula

No comments: