Saturday, November 21, 2015

More Garden Chores

Hello,

I was wrong the garden was not done, but now it is. Leroy went to work at the museum, but they closed so he came home in time for me to put him to work. He finished shoveling the front walk. We are glad that is finished because it is dry now so it should be safe for walkers.

After that he helped me clean under our bed while I washed the bedding. I have to confess that I slide my shoes under there for storage. There was a spider web on one of them. Those residents had to go. We took the bed totally apart. I had planned to do that by myself, but it would have been a big job without another lifter. Leroy thinks much in life is easier with a helper. I am wondering if we are programmed to want to work together.

After that, we tackled the four foot long Brussel sprout stem that was so thick I had used a saw to get it in the house without the roots. We washed and froze many of the leaves along with only one small bag of sprouts. They were such tiny balls. Someone else told me that theirs were also small this year.

By then it was lunch time.

After lunch we moved on to onions or shallots or whatever they were. We cleaned, chopped, and froze them for later use. The last thing was to freeze the broccoli that was left. It was a lot of stem and not much that could be easily eaten so it was not such a long task. Now the garden is done.

We will be gone in the future so I wanted to stop the mail. When the website asked for money for this job, I realized it was not the USPS website. At least I did not give them the credit card number, but I did tell them my name address and phone number as well as the days we would be gone. Hope it was a legitimate place that would also take care of your newspaper as well so they wanted money for it. Vigilance is always necessary. I did stop the mail with the real post office site.


Paula

No comments: