Wednesday, November 4, 2015

A Regular Day at Work

Hello,

Because yesterday was local Election Day, I considered wearing something that had pockets on it. I like to keep my keys with me when I work alone and my last three hours would be alone. It was such a nice day that I knew I would be comfortable in my jumper, blouse, and tights even though there was not a pocket among them.
Pockets were not the big problematic issue of the day, but the tights which I had worn many times. I always get dressed for work just before I go out the door as I do not want to get my clothes dirty.

After getting to work it was not long before I realized that the tights were a problem. It seemed they were sitting lower than when I left home. At the moment I am dealing with some discarded books so I stoop down to the floor and lean over from time to time. It seemed necessary to go to the bathroom and make some upward adjustments.

I tugged these sliding tights up and felt secure when I went back to my job with resolution to “throw these tights away when I get home”. In about half an hour I was berating myself for even putting them on because earlier I had noticed the waist seemed larger and it seemed to be gaining stretch by the minute.

Through the rest of my day and evening I alternately went to the bathroom for an adjustment, or furtively pulled them up when I thought no one was watching or could see me. I also tried to note where the security camera was in relationship to me. I certainly did not want a record of my activities. When I got home I had no trouble remembering to toss out this offending pair of tights. No regrets, no weeping.

In all of this I did not think about my keys tucked away in my bag. Who needs keys all the time anyway?


Paula

No comments: