Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Sleep Patterns

Hello,

I have been walking up early since the time change. Most of the time I feel rested, but it would be nice to sleep easily beyond 4:30. This morning when I got up to go to the bathroom, I noticed the computer’s lights were on even though I had turned it off before I went to work yesterday at noon. Because Leroy only spent a little time at home I doubted that he had used it. I tried to get the screen to light up, but not luck. Neither the mouse nor keypad made a difference. I tried the on switch with no luck in stopping the humming. Sleep seemed more important so I went back to bed wondering if we had lost the use of the laptop, and why do I not save my things every day? All of that rumbled around in my head for about an hour. Leroy also seemed to be restless, but I did not start a conversation.

After falling back to sleep I commenced dreaming. When I dreamed that my wallet had been stolen out of my purse, I woke up wondering if I should go check on that. Now the lack of a computer working seemed like a very small thing indeed. I knew it was time to get up when I heard Leroy say, “Oh darn.”

It was late enough that we needed to move more quickly for him to get to work on time. One thing that made it easier was that he took the car instead of the bike because the prediction was for rain when he comes home. He does not like riding in the rain.

When informed about the computer, Leroy held the on button for some time and it turned off. I turned it on this morning. It worked, but it took it ten minutes to spin, update, and restart. It now works and I am grateful for that. Can I live without a computer? It would be quite the adjustment.


Paula

No comments: