Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Life comes together

Hello,

It amazes me how things happen. Lots of people can explain it one way or another, but I am not sure what spin to put on some occurrences. We are in a Sunday night study group at church. A woman who is in our group also does lots of work for refugees and people in need of many things. She told us that the table from our neighbor across the street was going to a grandmother, new in town, with four grandchildren living with her. They had nothing and were going to sleep on the floor. Ruth asked Leroy if he could open one of the rooms in the church where she could get some quilts or blankets for them. The next morning I asked if they could use a laundry basket and a laundry bag that I had as extras. I then thought of the griddle that I had not used in the 3 1/2 years that we have lived here. I also have an extra water kettle and added that to the supply along with some of the apples that we had picked on the weekend. Because I like to use rags I added an ice cream bucket and rags. It felt so good to give these things that are extra in my life. Ruth said the woman cried when she got the first load of things. Blessings to givers and receivers!

I had felt a little guilty for having things that I do not use and had been keeping, “just in case”. I must have been storing them for this woman. I have to confess that I thought of the extra dishes sets in my house and I could not quite part with them. Just so you know it is not all generous here.

Yesterday at work I learned that my co-worker bought a new table and chairs. She asked me if I knew someone who needed a table. I did indeed. I passed the message along and that table now has a new home as well. Reuse, recycle, repurpose! It is all good.

Paula

No comments: