Saturday, November 14, 2015

Lovely Fall

Hello,

Leroy commented tonight, “It is November 14 and we are eating broccoli and pea tomatoes that we have just picked.”

The pea tomatoes are next to the house, have a tremendous supply of vine, and were low to the ground allowing them to survive the frost. We did pull them as there is not so much time left.

Leroy also dug up the small rosemary plant in the community garden. I am hoping to be able to save it over the winter and then put it back. I planted some more of the winter onion bulbs in the community garden. They just keep showing up around the house.

Back at the house Leroy got out the ladder and cleaned the low gutters. When Clark came home they went a little higher and even repaired a shingle that had come loose in the last big wind storm.

That wind storm was a furious distributer of leaves. Many of the leaves from our trees that had not come loose went on down the street. In our yard I found some leaves that I believe were from a ginkgo tree, or maybe not a ginkgo. I have no idea where there is such a tree. This has to have come from several houses away.

I pulled up the marigolds from our front garden. All that is left now is one Brussels sprout plant, a broccoli plant, a cabbage that is forming new little heads, and some small carrots. Before we leave for Thanksgiving in DC, I will pick most of those things. They are doing such a good job I dislike disturbing them. Also as Robin said, “They look pretty.” They are a nice green color.


Paula

No comments: