Sunday, October 25, 2015

Sunday, work day

Hello,

We went to church for reformation celebration and confirmation. That was not work, but worship as neither of us had any duties. It was cool in the morning so I wore a new coat. I am almost embarrassed to say that I have purchased three coats since we have lived here. But then I have eliminated three so perhaps it comes out okay. The others were more than ten years old, probably closer to 15 years old.

Leroy helped me make an apple crisp from one small bucket of apples that we picked yesterday. Leroy did not get to taste it yet, but I can tell you that it is delicious. Those apples are just the best. I swept the deck because I do not like to track leaves into the porch where I have to clean them out. I believe in the ounce of prevention stuff.  Next on the docket was fixing and eating lunch. As soon as he stopped chewing, Leroy immediately headed off to do a nursing home service. He toted the camera so he could talk pictures for the church directory. “Did you let them know that you would be taking their picture?” I wanted to know.

“I will ask them if they want to have their picture taken,” he replied and at my skeptical look, added, “I will offer to come back at another time.” Guess that will be ok!

When Leroy gets home we will head off to help with “trunk or treat” in our neighborhood. In the evening we will lead a group training session for some Lenten small group experiences. Rather Leroy will lead this training as I am a bit in the dark as to what is going to happen, but I will be there for moral support since my name is on the leader list.

After that the rest of the time is for relaxing and getting ready for Monday.


Paula

No comments: