Wednesday, October 28, 2015

My Phone Number

Hello,

My cell phone rang this morning. It was a person calling about my doctor appointment. She thought I had not gotten the message that the nurse practitioner had had a baby and could not see me. True, I had not gotten the message, but how did she know? About an hour later the phone rang again. This time the person said, “You called, this is Ruth?”

I had not called anyone because I was deep in the process of making applesauce. Apparently she had gotten a call from my number just fifteen minutes earlier and was calling back. How to explain that when I do not know her?

It is hard to know what to do about this and the wrong number calls that I frequently receive. It is also a process when I want to add time to my phone. I always dread that. Leroy can just do it on line, but I have to talk to a live person who must spend many minutes sorting it all out. Sometimes they even have to have a person with more skills attend to this task.

The old car has not sold even though Leroy has dropped the price several times. Today the insurance company called. The insurance runs out tomorrow. I, not sure why, but I want to extend the time. We have talked about giving the car to an organization, but for some reason I am not quite there yet. It is quite a small bill to get minimal insurance coverage for two months, can’t get just one month. Is this one of those times when there is a still small voice as I keep praying that the right person will come for this car? It is hard to know. Leroy and I will discuss it tonight.

I canned another seven quarts of applesauce today, tiring, but satisfying work.


Paula

No comments: