Friday, October 23, 2015

Nice Fall Day

Hello,

I did my usual shopping trip rain free until my last stop. That was a treat. Later I did go out and wrestle with the spent tomato vines. The frost may have zapped them, but they were still strongly attached to the cages in several places. I should have gotten clippers, but thought I could do it or perhaps I just enjoyed the struggle that I knew I would eventually win.

A friend requested a recipe for sauerkraut soup. I scanned it then spent some time figuring out how to find it on my computer and how to get it to her. All of the programs have been updated since I scanned and sent something. My old knowledge was not helping me as much as I would have liked. Then you must know that the recipe has no amounts. I did email another friend who, I recall has a recipe with amounts attached to the ingredients. At the school, they were making this soup for at least 30 people, probably more. So the amounts would not have been good if they had been there.

Leroy came home early because he worked until 8:30 at the museum last night. He was quite perky both last night and this morning. He so enjoyed having many people from the genealogical society do so many searches in the library collection. It made for a great library work experience.

Someone donated a number of books to my library. There were some coloring books in there. My boss recommended I recycle them as they do not sell at the book sale. Instead I brought them home, made a free sign, and placed them on the front sidewalk steps. They were claimed in about an hour. I am pleased. I suspected that someone would be able to give them a bit more life. Plants and coloring books, do you suppose people will start to look for more free things? Maybe I should clean out some more things.

We had popcorn for snack time, delicious!


Paula

No comments: