Friday, October 30, 2015

Car Sold!

Hello,

After I had talked about buying extended car insurance, Leroy came home and said that someone wanted to look at the car Friday morning. It was easy to convince Leroy that we should get extended insurance even though the original would last through Friday. The agent has assured me that if we sold it on the weekend the new policy would be cancelled.

I guess the price was finally right because we had two more inquiries. A young couple came and got it this morning. It went fast as they knew they wanted it. The woman said that her car had just died and fixing was much too expensive. I asked if she could drive a shift and the answer was affirmative. I feel good about it. Leroy says, “The next time we get a new car we are trading it in to a dealer.”

I disagree as I think we learned some things, but Leroy did not like the process. It seems to hang around his mind and cause discomfort.

Last night we crossed another thing off our list. We are both happy to have finished with taking the picture for the church directory. We did buy a few prints. We did not buy the touch up or whatever they call it. It will be the real us. Hair, eyes, and wrinkles and all growth evidence included. Leroy asked, “Will you give me hair?”

The response was laughing and handing him a black magic marker. For some irony you should know that my hair looks perfect as it can look this morning, last night was a bit of a different story. Some curls had other ideas than I had.

Leroy walked six miles on Sunday. Plus he walked to church at least once during the week. I have walked there twice with him. He is getting that exercise in and church is providing it.

The way our calendar looks now life should be easy and without stress for a while!


Paula

No comments: