Saturday, October 24, 2015

Leroy's Day Off

Hello,

Leroy does not usually work more than 40-45 hours per week, but he has few full days off. Today was one of those days. We went shopping in the misty morning because I had seen some black pants on sale in his size. However you never know if they will fit or not. They fit and he even bought two pair, with the additional one a dark blue. They had the adjustable waist that he likes, cost under $10 for the total and were a brand that he likes. On the way out to the car he did comment, “They were a bit big in the legs, but I am sure I will like them anyway.”

I groaned a little in my mind. Leroy has little legs. I have been so happy for the slim styles that do not look so baggy on him. But surely if he is happy, I should be happy too.

In the afternoon when the rain cleared we went to the country to pick apples. We picked three five gallon buckets full plus three smaller buckets. Leroy had not really wanted to go when I talked about it, but as we were going home he said, “It was so nice to be out in the country and to get all of these apples is just a bonus.”

He suggested we make pizza which we did after I finished a batch of granola. I had been hoping to make some applesauce, but ran out of steam for that idea.

He is watching a movie that I believe I am not interested in. I usually bring home movies from the library. Some of them he likes and many he does not.

I finished a book for book club, The Rosie Project. It was one of the lightest books we have read and great for a laugh here and there.


Paula

No comments: