Sunday, October 4, 2015

Stamp Heaven

Hello,

Someone sent Leroy a box of various stamps. He is spreading them out on the dining room table and the one small desk in the computer room. He is enjoying this tremendously. Quiet Leroy has to give me finding reports which he shouts out from that room he is in, hoping to catch my ear so he does not have to leave his treasures. “Oh there are so many from so many countries,” he moans with happiness.

He is missing all the space he had in the last two houses we lived in. There he could have his stamp room, set up a table and be totally out of my way. Here he talked about putting them away, but I assured him that I could handle it for about a week. I suspect the entire week will be taken. We are having company on Friday evening. A small child will be here too so, even though they might have trouble getting up so high all of this will be put away.

I had gotten Leroy some current US stamps because we needed some to mail a letter. I only got three different types. It seemed like a lot until this box came.

One positive about collecting stamps for Leroy is that he has learned a lot of geography because of it, certainly more than I know.

Don’t know what will happen with Leroy’s stamps when he can no longer deal with them. He hopes that some day one of his grandchildren might develop an interest. But he is quite content to just enjoy them himself for now.


Paula

No comments: