Monday, October 19, 2015

Homecoming experience

Hello,

Did I find anyone to talk to? I talked so much and in a crowded room so loudly to get over the other talkers that my voice was a bit stressed by the time it was over. If people noticed how old I looked, no one commented on it, all were polite and a few of them had aged a bit too. Some people even told me I looked the same, unbelievable, but nice. The mirror tells a different tale. All of my classmates looked slightly different, some more changed and some less. Forty-five years does make a difference on all. It was good to see people after such a long hiatus.

Leroy even found some people to talk to. One of my classmates had been in one of the interim churches Leroy served. Plus we saw about 7-10 people from our current church. It almost felt as if we had to leave town to meet and greet. Also one of my classmates was his resident assistant one year.

One person in my class sat across the table from us. I had just spoken to her the previous Sunday, at church, for the first time. Neither of us knew that we had been in the same school for college. She had transferred so maybe that is why we did not make the connection, also what college we attended did not come up.

Many of my classmates have retired, making me consider it more. However then I think about my job and how much I like it. Part time is great and I enjoy the people I see on a regular basis. I am not ready to be home a lot more, except when I want to go visit or help my children.


Paula

No comments: