Friday, October 9, 2015

New Car

Hello,

I have only driven the new car a couple times. Leroy has a few more. People ask me how I like the new car. I can only say that I do like it since I have not had much experience with it. Last night I asked Leroy, “Do you like the new car?”

He thought a bit, as is his usual practice before answering any question, “Yes, I realized today how nice it is not to shift!”

So there you have it was worth it to get the automatic. I do know Leroy is not into shifting as much as I am. We are having a lengthy discussion of who should drive which car. I do not want to take the new car. I think it seems more efficient for me to use the old car because I drive the most. Therefore we would be wearing out the old one more. Leroy, however, thinks that because this one has more safety features on it I should drive it most because of protecting me on the road. As with many issues there are things to be said for both sides of the argument. At least Leroy and I can understand the other’s position and half way agree with it. Decisions are harder to make this way, but we will live with whatever we decide and perhaps change our minds down the road.

I notice that much of our country barely tolerates our political representatives changing their minds. Or at least that is the impression I get in my brief looks at the governmental scene. Mostly I guess I have my head in the sand because I do not know how to deal with any of it. How terrible if there is no room for a second look at a situation. Does that mean there is really no point in letting our elected leaders know what our opinion is?


Paula

No comments: