Wednesday, October 21, 2015

The Ride Home

Hello,

Just so you know that not everything goes smoothly with us, I should tell about our trip home. I drove so Leroy could sleep if he wanted to do so. The GPS and my memory got us out of town even if I did pull out in front of car on a side street. It was not so close, but normally I would have waited.

Leroy started trying to use the internet on his none smart phone. It looks similar to a smart phone, but that is just for appearance sake. He grumbled from time to time, breathed hard, and sighed filling the car with his tension. We were going through the next small town when the GPS lady spoke up about taking a right turn. Because I do not totally trust her and I was right on the turn when she said it, I did not turn. I asked Leroy, “Should I have turned?”

He was so deep in his struggles that he could not connect easily. I pulled off in a safe place, and asked, “Would you look at the map?”

He replied, “I cannot figure out how to get off the internet and I do not want to use all my phone minutes.”

I sputtered a bit and decided to follow the highway I was on then. This lady kept telling me to turn. After the third time I realized I should have trusted her. I was really following the route I used to take when I went to Luther as a student. In the end we only went about seven miles out of our way, but I did not want to be ticked at myself so I was annoyed at Leroy for not checking the map a head of time. I did not tell him this and said, “I should have checked the route ahead of time.”

I will have to learn to trust this woman that I cannot see and is so small she can fit in a tiny box. Otherwise it was a nice drive home. For some reason Leroy slept only when we were close to home. That lady woke him up. At that point we knew what to do so we could have turned her off.

Paula

No comments: