Saturday, August 1, 2015

Daily Changes

Hello,
                                                                 
I worked just four short hours yesterday, but during those four hours 127 people passed by the counter. I was quite tired. I went to the gas station on the way home and accidently pushed the selection that I wanted to pay inside. The “kid” at the counter wondered what I wanted. I do know this guy. When I told him he asked, “Is your brain fried from the heat?”

On hearing how many people had been in the library he was quite impressed. I was amazed that I was still standing. One of my coworkers was there for two hours, but she was in the back doing programming while I was at the desk.

Today I was alone at the library for seven hours with only 42 people coming in. The software was being updated so it was unavailable. I was quite disappointed as I would have had plenty of time to get a lot of the work off my desk. As it was I shelved some books, recorded check outs on paper, and tried to appear busy. I worked hard not to mix up any numbers, as I have a tendency to switch two digits around from time to time.

Leroy and I picked green beans last night. We washed them. This morning we were awakened early so we got up and canned them. I think that added to my full day, but I was quite happy to have it done. We now have 12 quarts canned. I did not intend to take so much from the community garden, but no one had picked them. Soon they would have been too mature for my taste.

Tonight I took a bike ride. What a treat to see a doe and two cute fawns. I realize they are not cute when eating things in ones yard, but out and about they are cute.


Paula

No comments: