Monday, August 10, 2015

Aging

Hello,

One factor of the aging process is my vision acuity is diminishing. When wearing no glasses, without serious squinting, I cannot make out the numbers on the clock in our bedroom from my side of the bed. If I tip up to look and lean to the middle I have a chance of making a good guess although they are not clear. This clock has large number just for me. I feel envy for that Leroy who could always see better than I, but now his vision is getting even better. I notice at work there are some papers hung up and it is quite a task for me to bring them in focus. I will have to duplicate one sheet and store it where I can retrieve it easily.

I got a new credit card Saturday. Today seemed like a good day to activate it and get rid of the old. My purse did not yield up the old so I searched again. Finally I looked where I had put the papers for the new one and saw the old blending into the background. When did I put that there? That memory is gone.

At least I can still see to get around and that would include driving. Maybe I should get my eyes checked again, but I do not think it has been a year. Once I put off getting my eyes tested and I have to confess that, when looking for an address, in order to read the small street signs I stopped, got out of the car, and went closer to the sign. Finally I got my eyes checked; at that point the eye doctor told me I would not have passed the exam. I will admit that was unsafe. At least I could still see the cars coming towards me.

My boss is coming back from vacation tomorrow. Are we ready for her! Her desk has a pile of things that need attention. At least she should feel wanted.


Paula

No comments: