Friday, August 28, 2015

Do we make it rain?

Hello,

Leroy was having a hard time deciding to take the car or bike to work. I told him I could come get him if it rained and maybe he could make it rain by riding the bike. Unlike some parts of Iowa we need a bit of rain. He headed off on his bike to the museum with plans to go to the church in the afternoon. At 12:30 I got the call. Seeing the rain on the window I knew what this was about even though I had grapes boiling on the stove. Much to my dismay while I was talking to Leroy the grapes boiled over. I turned off the burner and tried to put a good spin on it by thinking it would be easier to clean up than some things because it had not burned on.

I drove to the museum in the diminishing rain, called Leroy letting him know I had arrived, and told him the rain was about done. He checked outside and decided that he could indeed ride to church. I drove out of the underground garage and about 30 seconds later big drops of rain were bouncing off the windshield. I pulled straight ahead into the parking lot across the way and was turning the car around as I saw Leroy come out of the garage and start to peddle furiously away. I honked the horn, but he paid no attention. I completed the turn and went after him. He was on the bridge by the time I caught up to him honking several times without being noticed. I indicated that I would wait for him across the bridge.

The rain was now more in the pelting stage. Unfortunately bikes do not fit in our cars without taking off the front wheel. We did find a bungee cord which Leroy used to “tie down” the trunk lid. I tried to drive carefully with no wild turns or speed changes. By the time we got to the church the rain had about stopped. At home I got the bike out and felt that it was in ok shape. Leroy wondered if the paint job would be damaged each time there was a stretch and bounce back on that bungee cord doing what it was designed for.

Did we do our part to make it rain?


Paula

No comments: