Sunday, August 9, 2015

Change Equals Learning

Hello,

Microsoft introduced windows 10. That is nice, but we have it now and I do not know it now. Leroy did wait a few days before he downloaded it. He started with the laptop. Someone at work told him it only took about five minutes. Three hours later it was still not complete. We went to bed without having it finish. In the morning there was not enough time to install it so Leroy waited until evening. I do not know how long that took, but it was much longer than five minutes. Our internet speed is not fast because we do not do games, watch movies, or etc on the internet. I still think there was something amiss because it should not have been several hundred times slower.

Leroy took the tablet to church where he thought it would be much faster connection. It went along ok until it hit some type of snag and stopped. He tried again at home. It took much longer than five minutes, but much faster than three hours. I do not know exactly what he did, but there was not enough room on the tablet for that program so Leroy downloaded the installation to the flash drive and then installed it. That worked. It is nice to have all this in place, but my brain is wallowing around back in the old stuff that it is comfortable with.

Gradually I am finding things and how they might work, but it is going to take some time before I know much. As it is I am just using parts I know. On the tablet we had an app that we used for budgeting. That app is hidden from both of us. We are hoping that is only temporary, but who knows? Makes me think there are all sorts of hidden treasures on the computers that we never use because we do not know of their existence. Maybe our lives would be easier because of them. Instead we just plod along in the old familiar way.


Paula

No comments: