Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Half Time work

Hello,

I work only 21 hours a week for the library. I wonder how I ever worked for someone full time. There is so much I want to do in my time off that I am constantly juggling things. I do remember having no job in the not so distant past and wondering what to do with myself. How does one find that perfect mix of scheduled time and non scheduled time? Course winter makes it simpler because there is not so much that calls from the outdoors.

The library was not so busy yesterday, but I still only got two movies and three books entered in the collection. Somehow that makes me feel like I did not get much done. It is almost like having a baby in the house. Sometimes I felt that I did not accomplish much, but when I counted all the rocking, feeding, diaper changes, washing, and adoring the focus changed. That was my job, but I had been seeing at as a side rather than the necessary and important. Laundry could wait at least a while.

I do like this part time job, but some weeks I would like another day off. Leroy tells me that he too would like some vacation that we just simply spend at home so he could get more things done around here. Course he is working that 40 hour week plus the garden work. He tells me that last night he went to the garden at 6:00 and did not leave until 7:45. That is more time than I have been over there lately. Maybe tomorrow I can get there, although I am looking at laundry, making bread, and possibly cleaning. Seems like a full day to me. Oh and then there is the book that I need to read for our discussion, The Light Between Oceans by M. L. Stedman. I had started it earlier, but after three pages my copy jumped to page 27. By the time I got a new copy I had started another book that I wanted to finish. Such is my reading life.


Paula

No comments: