Friday, August 14, 2015

Knowing People

Hello,

Our neighbor has had some trouble with family members who more or less took over their apartment. Now they have been living on the street and sleeping in their car for a week. I have had more emotions pass though me because of this than I could have anticipated. Part of it is not having a clue what I should do. Also a big factor is being ashamed of not just opening my space, but being afraid of them never leaving if I would to do such a thing. They asked if they could store some things in our garage and we have allowed that. Course at the time they asked, it was with the assurance that they would have a new apartment three days ago. That has not happened. The man of the couple is amazingly optimistic. Even though he does not go to church he keeps telling me that God will come through. And they are fine and have everything they need. Were this me I would be a basket case.

I have also been thinking about the financial resources that we have and how that helps us to have more choices. I have also not had to deal with family members that are flirting with the other side of the law except in the socially acceptable speeding on the highway.

There are some people in my neighborhood who talk tough and have big hearts. One of them is the woman who came over and told the man on the street that he must not let his family take advantage of him. She then provided supper for them. This woman seems to know every “swear” word in the book. But she tried not to use all of them around me. Interesting, huh? Do I look clean or what?

There is also a guy the next block down who was edging a neighbor’s sidewalk. He was doing it just so the neighborhood would look better and to help out. He also mows for them at least twice in the summer for free.

Then there is my landlord who gives the guy on the street money as well as breakfast. Kindness and goodness abound if you look for it.

Pray for care.


Paula

No comments: