Sunday, February 8, 2015

Walking to Church

Hello,

I walked to church alone because I was singing in the choir. Leroy decided to give his throat some more time off, meaning he could come later. It was a little wet and slippery in places, but I had no difficulty. Leroy, however, fell down hurting his wrist, not enough to see the doctor, but enough to take a pain pill. He is sleeping now so it will probably feel better when he wakes. We both found that in certain places the sidewalk was more like a pond than a walkway. I met one guy on a bicycle in a particularly treacherous spot complete with ice, water and a minimum of bare pavement. He managed to navigate it with skill and daring.

Leroy had a nursing home service this afternoon so he got to walk on these streets for four miles. He did take some different blocks, but all had their unique hazards. It certainly keeps us alert as we walk. I almost wished I had worn my boots, but then I would have to deal with carrying my shoes along with the choir music.

Just to see what would happen, I tried to call the house with my old phone that is not connected to a service. It said it was switched to Verizon wireless and I could make a call with a credit card or phone card. I did not realize that happened. I guess that is how the people who accept used cell phones can utilize them at the shelters, etc.

Now I just have to get all my contacts off that phone. It is a job that I do not really want to do so I am putting it off. I will go do some of them when I get this letter mailed, how is that for a clear statement? Since you are my witnesses I will do at least one or two. I would not want to go back on my word even to myself.


Paula

No comments: