Friday, February 20, 2015

Great Day

Hello,

We had such a great day! Fairly early in the morning we headed out of town to visit friends in a neighboring town. This was someone who had been in Leroy’s seminary class. There was another former seminarian there visiting from MN. What a wonderful renewing and uplifting experience to see these people once more. We spent much time laughing, talking, and sharing. That is one of the perfect gifts of life.  We had not been in the same room at the same time with all of these people for perhaps forty years. We had seen each of these couples some in the intervening years, but not frequently. It was fun and fortifying. Even something as simple as taking a group picture turned into a laughing extravaganza.

On the way there, I was driving; Leroy was privileged to see a beautiful bald eagle resting in a tree. Now why we think bald eagles are so exciting to see, but do not feel the same about bald men, I am not sure. Of course, if we know and love the bald man we might get excited.

He, my bald guy, also saw two hawks swooping around doing their thing. I just kept my eyes on the road and tried to avoid cars.

Tonight I took my two mile Lenten walk, but it turned into a 2.79 mile walk. Even though I am in a city it was so refreshing to be out. I like the country better, but I tried to ignore the cars except when I crossed streets. The trees in this neighborhood are tall towering affairs sporting the random birds nest or more likely squirrel’s nests. It is nice to see them silhouetted against the setting sun. It was brisk and invigorating. What a gift to be able to spend time in the outdoors refreshing my body and spirit.

We are both working tomorrow so that should be good too.

Here is a picture of our group

. And one of Leroy and I.

Paula


No comments: