Monday, February 23, 2015

Life Goes On

Hello,

This morning we took the 1999 car to have it checked for possibilities. The outdoor temperature is about five below zero, but Leroy still walked to church. We walked yesterday as well and it was just about zero with a wind so it might have felt worse at the higher temperature. When I asked Leroy, “Are we going to walk?”

He replied, “If you want to, you know we have a reputation to uphold.”

We laughed and bundled up. I have to confess that I am frequently the one who wants to go in the coldest weather. Yesterday, I did not wear long underwear, but I wore my leg warmers and was glad for them. The wind was a bit painful on my face because vanity dictated that I not wear my more face protecting slip on hood which compromises my hair positions. As it was I wondered if I should have a sign made that says, “My hair looked good when I left home.”

Yesterday my hair was fairly good, but sometimes it is not the result. This wild and unruly hair can happen even on a summer day that is windy.

Just in case we have to purchase a different car in the next week or two, we have spoken with all of our children and gotten some input as to what is good and what is not. Course we are not planning to buy new so some of the decision will be based on what is available. Andy, son-in-law, is all prepped to be our car buying consultant. I think he would even love to come out here and do it for us. The only thing is that his standards of cars are just slightly different from ours. But perhaps we could prevail. I think he is more into speed, power, and luxury than we are. We just want to get around in safety and reliability. He would certainly enjoy the chase whereas Leroy and I have to keep encouraging each other.


Paula

No comments: